Where, when and how we will use your data.
Here at Simply Drivers we know how important it is to keep your personal data safe, that’s why we have created this Privacy Notice to give you clarity about our data practices. In order for the reader to understand the privacy notice we have firstly given an overview of the site, its features and how it works.
Simply Drivers (www.simplydrivers.co.uk) is a website designed to connect anyone looking for a job that involves driving, of any sort, to anyone who is looking to hire a driver. Simply Drivers is the conduit that introduces the job seeker (driver) to the company and vice versa. The process is simple; drivers register, companies register and then drivers can search for jobs that have been posted by companies and companies can search for drivers. Once the introduction is made the company can contact the driver and vice versa.
Drivers maintain a CV (Resume) and companies maintain a company profile. Drivers can view and review a company if they so wish. The general public can also leave a review for a company if they wish.
Simply Drivers is the Data Controller.
So, what information do we collect about you?
- Candidates (Drivers) – we may collect information such as:
- Email Address;
- Phone Number;
- “About me” – a personal description entered by the driver;
- Account Activity;
- Personal Documents;
- Work history;
- Trade Plate / Registration Number;
- Professional Qualification and Licenses
- Driving License details;
- Insurance details & provider;
- IP address and other technical data;
- Reviews left about the driver;
- Financial info such as credit card details; and
- Geo location
- Company name;
- Company Address;
- Phone Number;
- Email Address;
- Account Activity;
- IP address and other technical data;
- Financial info such as credit card details;
- Usage statistics;
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list, but one which gives you a reasonable idea of the types of information that we may collect about you and potentially share with other members and users of Simply Drivers.
Where the information & data provided to us constitutes “personal data”, then we will only process this where we have a legal ground to do so under GDPR. The most common grounds that we will rely on are:
- Performance of a contract with you;
- Compliance with a legal obligation; or
- Our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), to the extent that those legitimate interests are not outweighed by your rights and freedoms.
If you would like to know more about our legal basis for any specific piece of data processing that we perform, then please get in touch with us. Our email address is email@example.com
It is critical that you check that your data is entered correctly, and inform us of any changes so that we can update our records.
Use of your information
We may use personal data for the following reasons:
- Provision of services to you, or the company you work for;
- Contacting you.
- To process payments to or from you;
- To administer and manage our business;
- Potential purchasers of, or investors in, Simply Drivers; and
- Otherwise as permitted by applicable laws.
We are not responsible for uses made by other people of your information which is visible to them in accordance with this Privacy Notice. For example, if a company uses a review left for the on Simply Drivers on other forums or as part of there other promotional material, then this is outside our control.
Using Information Provided by Third Parties
We may use data from third parties and publicly available sources such as Companies House, credit reference agencies, and the edited electoral roll. Using this data helps us to ensure that our records are accurate and up to date.
We may also use data for marketing purposes, where we have the appropriate consent or other legal basis to do so. Any data we use in this way is thoroughly checked by our own internal teams to ensure that the correct marketing permissions are in place and that the data is being used fairly.
Simply Drivers Members
Data may be shared about you with 3 main groups for the purposes of clarity we need to define those groups
Website members: A person or company that has an account with Simply Drivers. An account is defined by a username and password which enables the member to ‘login’ to the website in order to use the sites functionality. Examples include, but may not be limited to, “Job Seekers” and “Companies”
Website Users: A person or company that does not have an account with the website (so does not have a username / password), but is able to utilize limited functionality of the website. For example ‘the general public’.
3rd Parties: Person(s) or companies that are neither website users or website members. An example would be partners and affiliates
How We Share Your Personal Data With….
- Job Seekers: A Job Seekers personal data may in some circumstances be visible to other Simply Drivers Job Seekers. Companies will in certain circumstances be able to view some (or all) of your personal data that is held On Simply Drivers. This is necessary for the website to run effectively.
- Companies: If you are a company and then most of your data will not constitute “personal data” as such. Any personal data provided will only be shared with other Simply Drivers Job Seekers if you have provided those details, either specifically or by (i) offering a job for Job Seekers or staff meeting certain characteristics such as location, or (ii) by including personal data in your contact details, such as personalized email addresses.
- Job Seekers: A Job Seekers personal data may, in certain circumstances be visible to other website users including the general public
- Companies: Users, including the general public may be able to view company data and by extension view any personal data that is included in the company data.
If you are a company then reviews left about your company may be visible to other members and to users, including the general public
Sharing Your Data With Others
We respect your privacy and that’s why we don’t sell your data to any third parties. However, on occasion, we will pass your information to a limited number of third parties for the following reasons:
- To enable carefully selected partners to provide you with member benefits such as discounted rates on goods and services
- To allow us to carry out certain background checks
- To deliver the services you’ve asked for including passing details to payment providers, website hosts and other service providers
- For legal or regulatory purposes including fraud prevention, taxation and record-keeping requirements
- To allow us to obtain advice and assistance as we require it within our business, including legal, financial, taxation, accountancy, insurance and other advice and assistance
How long will we retain your personal data?
- Job Seekers: You may (if you wish) choose to deactivate your Simply Drivers account. Once you have ‘deactivated’ your account your data will no longer be view-able by other website members, or users, but it may remain on our systems for up to 7 years. This is in case Simply Drivers have a need to access your data after the date which you deleted your account
- Companies: You may (if you wish) choose to deactivate your Simply Drivers account, in which case your personal data will cease to be shared with other Simply Drivers members or users. Simply Drivers will still retain your data for, in most cases, 7 years. This is in case Simply Drivers have a need to access your data.
In most cases after 7 years your data will be permanently deleted from our systems. In certain cases we may decide to keep your data longer than this 7 year period. If we did decide to keep any (or all) of your data longer than 7 years we would document our reasons why.
We have chosen 7 years because, in respect of many legal claims, the limitation period is 6 years, so this gives us that 6 year period plus an additional year to resolve any issues arising. Please get in touch with us if you have a query about how long we retain a particular piece of personal data.
How will we protect your data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality .
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your Rights Matter
- If you’d like to see the personal data that we hold about you, you can request a copy at any time. If you find that this information is incorrect you can ask for it to be updated. Or, if you believe the information is being processed without a legal basis, you can in some circumstances ask us to stop or request that it’s deleted from our systems. To action any of the above, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We won’t ever charge you for a copy of your personal data but we may ask you for proof of your identity before we disclose any information. Once we’ve seen this, we’ll usually send you a copy of the personal data that we hold within 30 days (or otherwise write to you with an update within that period). In addition, if you decide to move away from us for any reason, you can in some circumstances also request for your personal data to be transferred to a new provider on your behalf.
- The rights of a data subject in respect of their personal data are explained in more detail at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/